Click to Call

What should I do if my home or business is damaged by a fire?

  • Photograph the damage.
  • Do not completely repair the damage, but do enough to prevent further damage.
  • Report the damages to your insurance agent or agency as soon as possible.
  • Save receipts that reflect any work that you’ve done in an attempt to fix the problems.
  • Make a list of all personal property damaged in the fire.
  • Prepare for the insurance company’s claims adjuster’s visit and inspection of your property. Make sure that you have an extra copy of all documents involved in the claim, including receipts and photographs.
  • Document your claim and keep notes when you speak to your insurance agency.
  • Find or request a copy of your insurance policy from your agent or your insurance company.
  • Contact Salas Law Firm at (954) 915-1155 for a complimentary consultation and case evaluation.