Click to Call

What do I do after my home or business suffers water damage?

  • Cut off the water source.
  • Take remedial steps to dry out the standing water and dry out the premises. Failing to do so can adversely impact your insurance claim.
  • Take photos and keep copious notes of all damages.
  • Document all personal or business property that has been damaged and determine its replacement cost.
  • If you must make immediate repairs make sure you take photos of the state of the property before and after the repairs.
  • Keep all receipts and records. Make extra copies to keep with you.
  • Contact your insurance agent and submit a claim with your insurer.
  • Request a copy of your compete insurance policy from your agent or insurer.
  • Contact Salas Law Firm at (954) 305-1155.